Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Product Review: Cakes & Cocktails Lipbalms by Fairypants

Before I go in to the review, I'll do a little introduction to who Fairypants are and how I came across them. They're a Chester (UK) based shop that sells clothes, jewellery and lipbalms. I came across these during a vintage fair at Chester and ended up buying a couple of rings and a lipbalm from them, the people who served me were incredibly friendly and helpful. This is their website.

I decided after buying one lipbalm that I actually wanted to do a little review of them and decided to buy two more, however, I don't usually live in Chester so I ordered them. I had no issues with the service and they arrived rather quickly. Hooray!


I also liked the decorated envelope, complete with a thank you sticker.


Inside the envelope there were two sweets, a load of heart sequins, some business cards and the lipbalms, which were in a separate paper bag (the leopard print one in the picture!).

Anyway, enough of cute packaging and onto the lipbalms! The website claims that the lipbalms are vegan, and after a quick google of the ingredients I found that they indeed are, with the main ingredients coming from shea, almond and jojoba. I decided to get the "Amaretto & Cola", "Banoffee Pie" and "Strawberry Cheesecake" flavours.


Although the colour of the Amaretto & Cola flavour lipbalm was alarming to me, none of the balms alter the colour of my lips, and instead leave them with a slightly glossy sheen. It's not at all sticky and leaves my lips feeling rather soft and moisturised, which for me is awesome as my lips get dry quite often.

However, I also decided to smell and taste each one, because I figure that's the most appealing part of doing flavoured lipbalms... Right? So, here goes.

Smell:

Strawberry Cheesecake - It smells slightly of strawberries and slightly biscuity, very sweet.
Banoffee Pie - Very much like banoffee, it makes me feel rather hungry when I smell it. My favourite one.
Amaretto & Cola - Definitely amaretto and those jelly cola sweets.

Taste:

Strawberry Cheesecake - Neutral.
Banoffee Pie - Very slightest hint of toffee, but mainly neutral.
Amaretto & Cola - Ever so slightly neutral but again mainly neutral.

So overall the lipbalms feel great, can go with any look or go over lipstick due to not changing the colour of your lips at all and smell amazing! However, I would not recommend eating them, cosmetics that are not for eating, who would have thought it? At least they don't taste absolutely horrible though!

No comments:

Post a Comment